It's important that your client's take care of their Hotheads Sew-In Weft Extensions when at home. We've created this list of Do's and Don'ts to help your clients get the most out of their Hotheads Sew-In Weft Extensions.
- DO brush hair 2-3 times a day to avoid tangling. Using a soft boar bristle brush, start at the ends and work your way up, always brushing in a downward motion.
- DO always brush before shampooing to keep hair from matting..
- DO be sure to use our Hotheads® Hair Care to cleanse and condition hair. It is important for second hair to receive the proper nutrients and hydration to promote beautiful and healthy looking hair.
- DO treat with our Hydrate conditioning masque 1-2 times per week, from mid-shaft to ends avoiding the silicone bead. This is especially important for blonde shades.
- DO wear your hair in a ponytail or loose braid when swimming, exercising and sleeping, in order to reduce tangling.
- DO wash your hair after swimming and exercising to avoid excess oils, which may cause slippage of the silicone beads.
- DO protect hair while swimming with a small amount of Hydrate Conditioning Masque. This prevents hair from absorbing harmful elements, such as chlorine or salt water.
- DO protect while hair styling with a heat protectant. Always make sure you have a licensed professional install and remove your extensions!
- DON‘T brush hair harshly.
- DON‘T go to bed with your hair wet.
- DON‘T chemically process your hair at home. Rely on your salon professional for any services while wearing extensions.
- DON‘T remove your extensions yourself.
- DON’T use heat over 350°F while styling the hair.
- DON‘T expose extensions to sunscreens, self-tanners, and bronzers.
Note: Blondes that turn pink, orange or darken are not the result of a manufacturing defect. This occurs most often from contact with sun-tanning sprays/lotions, make-up, argan oils, or is a result of mineral deposit from hard water.
Refer to your stylist for recommended products to correct discoloration. Hotheads hair extensions are real hair with a natural body wave and each pack will vary slightly in condition/texture.